maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Google play store not working in Jolla C (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99320)

gsalone 2017-04-24 13:11

Google play store not working in Jolla C

Suddenly Google play store is not working.. I cannot update nor download new apps. Status is "Download pending...", but it does not progress to download or update the app. Has something changed after the latest Sailfish update, or the Play store update (play store version 7.6.08.N-all [0] [PR], as well as 7.7.31.O-all)?

velox 2017-04-24 13:18

Re: Google play store not working in Jolla C

You might want to check out this TJC thread, where others have the same problem… or this one.

Please let us know if something does the trick for you.

aspergerguy 2017-04-24 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsalone (Post 1527275)
Suddenly Has something changed after the latest Sailfish update, or the Play store update (play store version 7.6.08.N-all [0] [PR])?

On my AquaFish (2.1.0.11) on PlayStore version is currently 7.7.17.0-all [0] [PR] whereas upon Jolla C (2.1.0.1) is currently 7.6.08.N-all [0] [PR] but still updates OK.

gsalone 2017-04-25 09:36

Only workaround that seems to work is Yalp store, but only for free apps. It is not possible to buy paid apps.

coderus 2017-04-25 09:59

Anyone with Intex compress and upload content of /mnt/vendor_data please :)

aspergerguy 2017-04-25 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1527310)
Anyone with Intex compress and upload content of /mnt/vendor_data please :)

It's 44MB in size, as I'm on a Mac in what format would you want data compressed?

coderus 2017-04-25 11:29

zip would be enough

aspergerguy 2017-04-25 12:07

Have sent you a link via PM.

MJ m 2017-04-25 23:35

I have same problem with Aqua Fish converted to Jolla C with coderus script. I tried updating Play and Play services to newest, but same problem with them. I also tried yalp store but it doesnt download either. So could there be a problem with some Androids system service handling downloads? Or is it related to Play not getting acceptable device information? It started to happen to me after i used JollaC convert script. Btw i also had same problem with Jolla Tablet when it first updated to newest Play version, but like after a day the problem magically disappeared from Tablet.

coderus 2017-04-26 10:56

Updated https://openrepos.net/content/coderu...pico-installer with google services crafted from Aqua Fish, thanks to aspergerguy

TMavica 2017-04-27 06:19

today, i also cant update apps from google play store

coderus 2017-04-27 07:18

so did you tried new gaps?

duesselschorsch 2017-04-27 08:49

Same here, installed latest gapps from openrepos, all updates stay in "pending" state. uninstalling/reinstalling of gapps doesn't help.

coderus 2017-04-27 10:49

did you reboot after installing gapps installer?

probably you need to uninstall aliendalvik then, install it again and then install gapps on fresh aliendalvik :)

vitaminj 2017-04-27 10:56

I installed your open gapps yesterday too coderus (previously manually installed play store on jolla c using old instructions), which fixed the issues and the play store updated to 7.7 from 7.6 and updates and installs worked ok again, but today it's back to "download pending" everywhere. Any ideas what's causing this or any logging to check?

coderus 2017-04-27 11:01

no idea. one said intex gapps works, so i packaged intex gapps for you. no idea if and why it can work or not :)

vitaminj 2017-04-27 11:09

Ah well thanks for your effort coderus - I'll try an aliendalvik wipe next week if the issue persists. Would you recommend still using your installer to get gapps back on a clean install? Is there any other way which would help narrow down what the problem is?

Bundyo 2017-04-27 12:25

This problem affected Jolla Tablet from at least a month.

I have a hunch the problem comes with the new download manager in Android 7.0. Latest Play Store can't download apps, but apps install fine if manually downloaded.

Downgrading Play Store to a previous version fixes it temporarily, until it auto updates. Probably this is why Coderus' fix stopped working the next day - it contained previous versions of Play Store components, which auto-updated overnight.

Can we block the Play Store autoupdate somehow as a last option?

aspergerguy 2017-04-27 14:52

Just noticed on Jolla 1 running GooglePlay v6.8.24.F-all [0] switched off WLAN/Network under Google Play settings > About - Build version is the last entry on the page but on AquaFish > Play Store >Settings under Play Store Version v7.7.17.0-all there is new entry = Device certification = uncertified

chenliangchen 2017-04-27 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspergerguy (Post 1527397)
Just noticed on Jolla 1 running GooglePlay v6.8.24.F-all [0] switched off WLAN/Network under Google Play settings > About - Build version is the last entry on the page but on AquaFish > Play Store >Settings under Play Store Version v7.7.17.0-all there is new entry = Device certification = uncertified

I heard Google is going to put some limitation on a non-certified GMS device, that might be the first step.

On my rooted Moto Z Play even with stock ROM it also shows uncertified, wondering how that will make a difference...

velox 2017-04-27 20:41

On my "Jolla C-ifyed" Aqua Fish the Play Store version 7.7.31.O-all [0] [PR] 15339463 still works. I've just updated an App through it via wifi (no SIM). It says "not certified", as well.

I have disabled automatic app updates at some point, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

aspergerguy 2017-04-27 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by velox (Post 1527415)
On my "Jolla C-ifyed" Aqua Fish the Play Store version 7.7.31.O-all [0] [PR] 15339463 still works. I've just updated an App through it via wifi (no SIM). It says "not certified", as well.

I have disabled automatic app updates at some point, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Lucky you, exactly same situation as yourself but "Download pending...."

velox 2017-04-28 08:20

Haha, so last night, just for the fun of it, I added a SIM from a borked tablet I had laying around, aaaaand… now it doesn't download anymore.
I should have tested installing a new app beforehand, not only updating.

Never change a running system. :)

vitaminj 2017-04-28 12:20

I don't think it's to do with certification otherwise millions of people would be going nuts all over the web. Also I had Play Store 7.6 for a while with the "uncertified" label and it worked fine, it's just broken in the last few days. Uninstalling and reinstalling the coderus installer doesn't help (does it downgrade / overwrite stuff? have prebaked stuff in the package or go off and get some of the latest things?)

Bundyo 2017-04-29 09:16

Can someone check a 4.4 Android with the latest updates if it has Google's "Download Manager" installed?

TMavica 2017-04-29 10:52

No more google store..unverify

Ancelad 2017-04-29 11:59

Some my workaround:
1) Downgrade GP-version to 6.4.13
2) Stop Android-support
3) Run in Terminal as root:
Code:

touch /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk
chattr +i /opt/alien/data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk

4) Run Android-support

Works for me on Jolla C with SFOS 2.1.0.11.

TMavica 2017-04-29 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelad (Post 1527440)
Some my workaround:
2) Stop Android-support
Code:

4) Run Android-support

it wont auto update?

Ancelad 2017-04-29 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMavica (Post 1527442)
it wont auto update?

yes, GP will not update itself

Bundyo 2017-04-29 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelad (Post 1527440)
Some my workaround:
2) Stop Android-support
Code:

4) Run Android-support

6.9 also works.

Ancelad 2017-04-29 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bundyo (Post 1527444)
6.9 also works.

I don't know the latest working version, it's enough 6.4.13 for daily use IMHO :)

Bundyo 2017-04-29 15:13

Mine still updated :(

vitaminj 2017-04-29 20:03

My Alien Dalvik was behaving weirdly, so I deleted vending.apk and vending-1.apk manually, then installed play store 6.9 via MTP and a file manager, which appeared in /opt/alien/data/app/ as vending-2. So I touched vending, vending-1 and vending-3 (for good measure/luck) and made all four chattr +i (immutable). And it is all working and hasn't auto-updated so far, even when I poke the version number to manually self-update.
I have noticed that the All Apps tab adjacent to the updates screen doesn't work any more though, but no great loss.

Many thanks Ancelad + Bundyo!

I have a feeling some other 7.x version will work too, though my original 7.6 did work a couple of weeks ago, but manually installing 7.6 now doesn't work (maybe Google are doing some a/b testing or something). I'm happy to stick with the latest 6.x, even though the update UI in 7.x is a bit nicer.

TMavica 2017-04-30 14:13

anymore new solution?

gsalone 2017-04-30 15:03

Unfortunately none that I am aware of.

vitaminj 2017-04-30 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMavica (Post 1527488)
anymore new solution?

What do you mean? The solution Ancelad outlined works fine. I imagine the problem Bundyo was having was that the vending apk had assigned itself a different number (as happened to me) which also needed a chattr.

TMavica 2017-04-30 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminj (Post 1527492)
What do you mean? The solution Ancelad outlined works fine. I imagine the problem Bundyo was having was that the vending apk had assigned itself a different number (as happened to me) which also needed a chattr.

Mine still auto updated..

EDIT: Seem ok now

vitaminj 2017-04-30 17:37

Just noticed that my Jolla 1 is stuck on 7.6.08 and still works fine (won't manually update past that even though 7.7 is available) so downloaded that and tried it on my C but that didn't work either. Seems 6.9 is the best bet.

Quattra 2017-05-03 11:18

I am having these problems also. I even tried to reset phone but it seems that Google APKs doensn't get deleted after phone factory reset. It seems that these files are located under /mnt/vendor_data.

Is there way to fully remove Google APKs? As stated, uninstalling from Warehouse doesn't actually remove remove packages and it gets reinstalled.

coderus 2017-05-03 11:50

just remove aliendalvik package, then remove /opt/alien folder