maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dell has the N900 for as low as $442 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34015)

sevdali 2009-11-05 19:24

Dell has the N900 for as low as $442

The best price so far.

Go to Dell Small Business and apply coupon code "9PD$33PJFL5P21"
the final price will be $441.99.

Great price.

N900FTW 2009-11-05 19:33

Re: Dell has the N900 for $519

I heard they won't ship it until mid december but still def a good deal.

les_garten 2009-11-05 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevdali (Post 366583)

I just called them. They said 20 days lead time, whatever that means.

Also, I think Dell charges TAX, so not that low.

sevdali 2009-11-05 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten (Post 366600)
I just called them. They said 20 days lead time, whatever that means.

most probably they have already a long pre-ordered list.

bandora 2009-11-05 19:39

But the damn taxes makes the price go way up!!!!!! :(

It went from 519. to 551!! Not that big of a difference between that and Newegg... :/

imokruok 2009-11-05 19:46

Keep an eye out for coupons on coupon websites, in Dell flyers, etc. Usually they're product specific, but sometimes there are 10%-15% off emails that are good on pretty much everything. (I think there might have been one like that that was good on the Zune HD.)

Anyhow, 10% off and that would take care of the sales tax for us in California....

bandora 2009-11-05 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by imokruok (Post 366621)
Keep an eye out for coupons on coupon websites, in Dell flyers, etc. Usually they're product specific, but sometimes there are 10%-15% off emails that are good on pretty much everything. (I think there might have been one like that that was good on the Zune HD.)

Anyhow, 10% off and that would take care of the sales tax for us in California....

I tried using coupons.. I used a 20$ off coupon that I found online.. but it will take off the 80$ off and will replace it with the 20$ coupon.. So it will actually become more expensive.. :( (I think it was like $614)

radiowc 2009-11-05 19:54

Ha! As usual, DELL always trick you with the lower price than others onine store... and when you check out and having all the trouble filling up those online order forms... the price wont cheap any more with all those taxes... lol

That is why i personally don't shop with them :>

geneven 2009-11-05 20:04

At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. You can evade them, no doubt, but there's something about complaining about businesses who won't let you commit an illegal act, poor criminals.

You may have heard something about states needing money. It is partly because people who live in the states and take advantage of things the states do, like building roads and schools, aren't very keen on paying for the benefits they get.

danramos 2009-11-05 20:04

Ohho! Considering I have a Dell credit account.. this makes me MUCH more likely to seriously consider an N900 now.

bandora 2009-11-05 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by danramos (Post 366645)
Ohho! Considering I get a partner program discount AND I have a Dell credit account.. this makes me MUCH more likely to seriously consider an N900 now.

Can you give me a discount too? xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneven (Post 366643)
At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. You can evade them, no doubt, but there's something about complaining about businesses who won't let you commit an illegal act, poor criminals.

You may have heard something about states needing money. It is partly because people who live in the states and take advantage of things the states do, like building roads and schools, aren't very keen on paying for the benefits they get.

Lol man why are you mad? I wasn't complaining.. Just saying that with the tax and all.. The price bumps up to 551 which is like 8 dollars different than Newegg.. Which doesn't give me that WOW factor.. (and I am saying it goes up to 551 because of Michigan taxes).. I don't think that makes a criminal.. does it?

sevdali 2009-11-05 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandora (Post 366646)

If you have dell credit card you can get %3 off.
First you have to slect credit card as the payment method then the site will offer you %3 off if you use your dell preferred accoount. It comes to $500 after this discount.

I ordered one although I did not make my mind for n900 due to
its lack of support for Java.

radiowc 2009-11-05 20:11

Quote:

At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. ....

Well at least my State dont required tax for online purchased ... sorry to hear. You think the Government don't already tax what you already made! ha!

kpath 2009-11-05 20:13

This is what the site says you have to do to get the discount

Discount Details Close

Dell Home Customers: Save $80 off this item!

Expires Saturday, November 07, 2009

Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offer may change without notice. Taxes, fees, shipping, handling and any applicable restocking charges are extra, and vary. Offer maybe combined with select other offers. Valid for new U.S. online purchases through the Dell Home Systems Electronics & Accessories site only. Offer does not apply to and is not available with systems or items purchased through the online systems configurator, refurbished items or spare parts. Purchase limit of 10 same items per order, but any applicable discounts apply to only the first 5 same items per order. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

danramos 2009-11-05 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandora (Post 366646)

Lol man why are you mad? I wasn't complaining.. Just saying that with the tax and all.. The price bumps up to 551 which is like 8 dollars different than Newegg.. Which doesn't give me that WOW factor.. (and I am saying it goes up to 551 because of Michigan taxes).. I don't think that makes a criminal.. does it?

Ironically, as soon as I go to the EPP discount, it says the SAME $80 discount is now an EPP discount. Burned.

radiowc 2009-11-05 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by danramos (Post 366658)
Ironically, as soon as I go to the EPP discount, it says the SAME $80 discount is now an EPP discount. Burned.

Totally Agreed !!! :D

bandora 2009-11-05 20:21

@danramos.. hehehe.. That sux.. :/

ioioio 2009-11-05 20:23

2 Attachment(s)
5% off at Dell.com via Bing.com Rebate Instrucions

Works only for Dell Home only, I think, however, better deal at dell business(http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=22) . Might work with Dell business purchase, but doubtful.

1) Go to Bing.com (microsoft search site)
2) Click on Shopping in the left hand side
3) Type "Dell" into the search box and press enter
4) At the search results, click on the "Dell.com official site" on the right hand side (First screenshot below)
5) Enter in your email at the sign up screen (Will display 5% off message, second screenshot below) for 5% off your purchase at Dell.com
6) Enjoy. (I make no guarantees)

(you have to have cookies turned on, javascript on, and not go to any other site between clicking on dell link and your purchase, takes 60 days to redeem your 5% rebate.)

Here's more info;
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx

bandora 2009-11-05 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ioioio (Post 366670)
1) Go to Bing.com (microsoft search site)
2) Click on Shopping in the left hand side
3) Type "Dell" into the search box and press enter
4) At the search results, click on the "Dell.com official site" on the right hand side
5) Enter in your email for 5% off your purchase at Dell.com
6) Enjoy.

(you have to have cookies turned on, and not go to any other site between clicking on dell link and your purchase)

Here's more info;
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx

Great idea.. I am checking it out right now!

All it does it redirects me to the Dell site.. I don't get a 5% off.. Am I doing something wrong here?

I don't want to place my order then nothing happens.. :/

x61 2009-11-05 20:32

Quote:

Look at Uncle Sam talking. Don't blame people of not paying taxes on their online purchases when the retailers don't charge them. There are plenty of states that don't require you to pay tax on your online purchases unless you reside in the state of which the item was purchase. Which is why retailers such as Amazon.com and many others tax buyers in certain states. Dell on the other hand seems to tax you regardless of your location...where does that money go? My state or the sate of Dell.

ioioio 2009-11-05 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandora (Post 366673)
Great idea.. I am checking it out right now!

All it does it redirects me to the Dell site.. I don't get a 5% off.. Am I doing something wrong here?

I don't want to place my order then nothing happens.. :/

I updated my original post, please re-read it.

sevdali 2009-11-05 20:48

Don't buy from Dell Home.

I found a better deal

go to Dell Small Business and buy from them apply "9PD$33PJFL5P21"

it will become $441.99

fphillips 2009-11-05 20:48

You can get it as cheap as $441 with a coupon that expires Nov 6 if you aren't in a taxable state (Texas is taxable).

http://dealnews.com/Unlocked-Nokia-N...redir=1&ref=tw

Sub-total $441.99
Shipping & Handling $7.99
Shipping & Handling Discount -$7.99
Tax* $36.46

Total Price $478.45

It says delivery date of Dec 10.

Frank

Bratag 2009-11-05 20:50

Yeah had to go for the deal as I got it 100 bucks cheaper than newegg, but damn the delivery date sucks. Of course I am hoping they are just overestimating like Dell does on most things.

x61 2009-11-05 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bratag (Post 366704)
Yeah had to go for the deal as I got it 100 bucks cheaper than newegg, but damn the delivery date sucks. Of course I am hoping they are just overestimating like Dell does on most things.

I hope it is the case that they don't want people to be calling them asking "where their N900" is... which is why they setup such a date. In any case, I'm saving about $100 by switching from mobilecityonline. com. My question is are they charging my account for the pre-order or they wait until the device actually arrives at their warehouse..

penguinbait 2009-11-05 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by x61 (Post 366677)
Look at Uncle Sam talking. Don't blame people of not paying taxes on their online purchases when the retailers don't charge them. There are plenty of states that don't require you to pay tax on your online purchases unless you reside in the state of which the item was purchase. Which is why retailers such as Amazon.com and many others tax buyers in certain states. Dell on the other hand seems to tax you regardless of your location...where does that money go? My state or the sate of Dell.

I don't know where you are but in Michigan, you are required to pay the sales taxes for online purchases when you file your income taxes. I assumes most people don't. Additionally any business with a physical presence in the state in which your residing is required to collect the sales tax for that state. So places like Dell, IBM, HP or any other manufacturer with a physical presence in that state are required to collect those taxes like you were buying it locally in your state. Companies like HP, Dell, IBM have a physical presence in most every state. Then companies like NewEgg are only required to collect sales tax on items sold to people in the states in which they physically reside (California. Tennessee, New Jersey)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewEgg.com
Newegg charges the appropriate state and/or local sales tax for any order shipping to California, New Jersey, and Tennessee. Sales tax for cell phone orders shipping to California and Tennessee are calculated before any instant savings are applied.

radiowc 2009-11-05 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by x61 (Post 366677)

Hahahaha... so true ..wise one :> You have my vote!!! :D

bandora 2009-11-05 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinbait (Post 366720)
I don't know where you are but in Michigan, you are required to pay the sales taxes for online purchases when you file your income taxes. I assumes most people don't. Additionally any business with a physical presence in the state in which your residing is required to collect the sales tax for that state. So places like Dell, IBM, HP or any other manufacturer with a physical presence in that state are required to collect those taxes like you were buying it locally in your state. Companies like HP, Dell, IBM have a physical presence in most every state. Then companies like NewEgg are only required to collect sales tax on items sold to people in the states in which they physically reside (California. Tennessee, New Jersey)

Well I am happy now because i did the Dell Business thing.. and I got it for 468 dollars.. WOOT! I sent my order.. And I also went from the bing site. so maybe.. just maybe i get that 5% cash back too!!! :D :D :D :D

radiowc 2009-11-05 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandora (Post 366727)
Well I am happy now because i did the Dell Business thing.. and I got it for 468 dollars.. WOOT! I sent my order.. And I also went from the bing site. so maybe.. just maybe i get that 5% cash back too!!! :D :D :D :D

Hmm.....:confused:.... the catch might be longer delivery dates from DELL :>

rm42 2009-11-05 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiowc (Post 366737)
Hmm.....:confused:.... the catch might be longer delivery dates from DELL :>

Maybe. Or maybe Dell will ship sooner. :p

radiowc 2009-11-05 21:31

Man! this preorder thing and shipping dates really drive us crazy... or at least for me :)

x61 2009-11-05 21:32

It seems like to coupon code does not work anymore... can someone verify?

radiowc 2009-11-05 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by x61 (Post 366757)

You need to click the link via that website to bring you to DELL , and it wont work if you goto DELL directly.

ioioio 2009-11-05 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by x61 (Post 366757)

Works fine for me. Have to go to Dell Business (we're talking about this coupon, 9PD$33PJFL5P21, right? )

x61 2009-11-05 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ioioio (Post 366759)
Works fine for me. Have to go to Dell Business (we're talking about this coupon, 9PD$33PJFL5P21, right? )

Yeah, gotta go through the link. $100 saving... Does anybody know if your CC will be charged now or till dell has the item at their store...

danramos 2009-11-05 21:42

Now that we're getting closer to that $400 sweet-spot where I can forgive this unit for having a cellular radio I might never use, it's deeply interesting to me. Nice find, guys. Now, if it were already out I would seriously consider buying it. This is just me, mind you, but until it's out, I can't justify putting myself into more debt on something that isn't out yet.

ZackMorris 2009-11-05 21:45

N900 Pre-Order DellSB $442 US Order

Wow incredible price on the N900 for US customers, when using Dell Small Business

NOKIA N900 Unlocked Smartphone (Pre-Order) $442 @ Dell SB
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...932f0fp0c0s558 has the NOKIA N900 Unlocked Smartphone available for Pre-Order for $520 - 15% Code 9PD$33PJFL5P21 = $442 + Free Shipping + Tax.

Great Price and its saying the expected ShipDate on Dell is 12/10/09

If you haven't got it yet, now is the time!

Edit: Oops this should have been posted in the Buy & Sell section, apologies...

rm42 2009-11-05 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by danramos (Post 366770)
Now that we're getting closer to that $400 sweet-spot where I can forgive this unit for having a cellular radio I might never use, it's deeply interesting to me. Nice find, guys. Now, if it were already out I would seriously consider buying it. This is just me, mind you, but until it's out, I can't justify putting myself into more debt on something that isn't out yet.

More debt? I'd say! Don't even think about it. It will be cheaper after new years any way. If not, it will be cheaper eventually. :)

Laughing Man 2009-11-05 21:54

Interesting I could save around $100, but I think I would pay sales tax since there is a Dell business in MD. Also I trust Newegg alot more especially in customer service. So as long as the n900 arrives the 14th I'll pay the extra 100.

eidahl 2009-11-05 21:55

... Hmmmm.. wonder whether I want to wait so long for a $100+ saving.. . . . (I'm leaning toward NEVAR! WANT NOW.)