maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   [SOLVED] Missing Keyboard N9 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89110)

kainerious 2013-02-10 03:02

[SOLVED] Missing Keyboard N9

Missed keyboard...
Quicktweak was updating, and when I downloaded the PDF disappeared keyboard.
If I go to Settings, Language, Text Input, Installed input methods (0).. there is no input method installed. I can not write anything or Root access (FileCase). How I can fix it without flashing? Thank you.

EDIT: (SOLVED) UNINSTALL QUICK VOICE INPUT KEYBOARD.

EDIT 2: (UPGRADE) FIX QUICK VOICE INPUT KEYBOARD, AVAILABLE IN STORE.

Thanks for your help!

imaginaryenemy 2013-02-10 05:57

Re: Missed Keyboard N9

I just lost my keyboards too. I was on a webite, typed in a search, taoed to search again and no keyboard popped up. Settings show 0 input methods for me as well. Restarted, didn't help. Restored factory settings, didn't help.
Anyone know how to restore keyboards without being able to type?
I really don't want to reflash...

Dazsa 2013-02-10 06:07

That's so weird, same happened here & i was only charging my drained battery, when I rebooted my phone, the keyboard was gone! I thought restoring settings would fix it, I just read here, it will not, I had a blue theme mode in my keyboard, did any of you change default keyboard settings before?

imaginaryenemy 2013-02-10 06:25

Strange. No. No eyboard changes at all. I have that Quickvoice keyboard installed, and even that doesnt show up. I dont have QuickTweak either. It doesn't make any sense at all.
I guess I'll get to flashing then...

Dazsa 2013-02-10 06:37

Yeah, I guess i will have to do the same here, without keyboard copy+paste won't be enough in terminal without "enter". Reflashing it is! =(

kainerious 2013-02-10 06:40

Yes, i had a keyboard theme. A friend giveme his layouts files and i copy with Terminal (include virtual keyboard, in store), but don't work.

thedead1440 2013-02-10 07:01

Do you mean it shows Installed input methods (0) but when you click on it there is no layout available in the menu to choose from; could a screenshot be provided?

First step if the above is really the case would be to re-install keyboard related packages as well as swype keyboard so that at least one method starts workingusing SSH or copy-paste:

Code:

apt-get install meego-keyboard libxkbfile1 swype-keyboard --reinstall

Dazsa 2013-02-10 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1322154)
Do you mean it shows Installed input methods (0) but when you click on it there is no layout available in the menu to choose from; could a screenshot be provided?

First step if the above is really the case would be to re-install keyboard related packages as well as swype keyboard so that at least one method starts workingusing SSH or copy-paste:

Code:

apt-get install meego-keyboard libxkbfile1 swype-keyboard --reinstall

Thanks! I copy-pasted it in terminal but it doesn't run the command without enter...

SOLVED!!! A friend found out quickvoice input caused this problem, you just have to delete Quickvoice and reboot the phone and the keyboard will be back!

thedead1440 2013-02-10 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazsa (Post 1322158)
Thanks! I copy-pasted it in terminal but it doesn't run the command without enter...

SOLVED!!! A friend found out quickvoice input caused this problem, you just have to delete Quickvoice and reboot the phone and the keyboard will be back'n

Use FingerTerm then :D

Also any screenshot for what I mentioned in my earlier post?

Vromoth 2013-02-10 08:21

[Help] All my keyboards disapeard

All my keyboards are gone. I just rebooted and now there gone. The only way I can input stuff is through a bluetooth one. I tried install more but with no luck. All I did was install meego-confirm-text and aegisctl. Any deas on how this could happen?

Thanks,
Vromoth

Storm_11 2013-02-10 08:32

I had this issue just an hour ago. Have you got quick voice input installed? If so, uninstall that, then reboot. Fixed it for me.

edit: very slow reply, forgot to press the reply button.

imaginaryenemy 2013-02-10 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazsa (Post 1322158)
SOLVED!!! A friend found out quickvoice input caused this problem, you just have to delete Quickvoice and reboot the phone and the keyboard will be back!

I wish I had been more patient. Already flashed...

Lucazz990 2013-02-10 17:21

[URGENT-HELP NEEDED] N9 keyboard not displaying anymore

Today after reboot I got ALL keyboard disappeared (italian, swipe and quick voice). In settings i see 0 keyboard installed and no one to choose from... is there a way to try before flashing? Thanks in advance...

Vromoth 2013-02-10 17:25

Uninstall quickvoive and that should fix it :)

danested 2013-02-10 17:29

All Virtual Keyboards went missing

All of my VKB's with the exception of the opera keyboard seem to have disappeared. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

In settings active input method has nothing under it.
Installed input methods (0)
No keyboards installed
Swype and settings are present, but skype itself does not bring up any keyboard.

I am flashing my device as I'd intended to anyway, but I am very curious about what could have happened.

I only installed apps a couple of apps from the store, unsuccessfully tried to SSH into my phone yesterday night. I have N9QTweak installed and the phone is incepted but Its been that way a really long time now.

Is the flasher available anywhere else?
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php
This link is down...

danested 2013-02-10 17:31

Re: [URGENT-HELP NEEDED] N9 keyboard not displaying anymore

Interesting... had the very same problem. I dont have Quick voice installed, but I have Voice input installed... one thing I do remember is using it once, then the next time I was offline... it is possible that this caused the keyboards to disappear, but going online/restarting hasn't helped.

Edit: Uninstalling Voice input did not help.

thedead1440 2013-02-10 17:35

Re: [SOLVED] Missing Keyboard N9

2 duplicate threads have been merged into here.

Everybody PLEASE search before creating new threads and danested if you post in one thread with the same issue DO NOT create a parallel thread too!

danested 2013-02-10 17:37

I had typed it out, and when I posted it i saw a similar thread under it, i did NOT create a parallel thread on purpose :(

Hacker 2013-02-10 22:08

Quick Voice version 1.7 didn't cause keyboards to disappear, if you have the old version, would you please PM it to me?

Keferen 2013-02-11 07:58

i must agree after a day or so of pulling my hair out trying to get keyboards back, and a system drive crash on computer out of the way, nothing worked. found this thread (now that im back onlne) and i uninstalled quick voice and rebooted. keyboards are back in full

enki71 2013-02-11 10:12

I had the same problem yesterday!! Why everybody at the same time ?
I lost hours... because I dont have quick voice input installed!

This morning i noticed that I have Quick voice installed, so I unistalled Quick Voice rebooted the phone and the keyboard was there again :)

N9WB 2013-02-11 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by enki71 (Post 1322416)
I had the same problem yesterday!! Why everybody at the same time ?
I lost hours... because I dont have quick voice input installed!

This morning i noticed that I have Quick voice installed, so I unistalled Quick Voice rebooted the phone and the keyboard was there again :)

QVIK got a recent update which added the ability to switch input languages directly from Mail or Messages or wherever you were typing instead of having to launch QVIK each time you wanted to input voice.

Sadly, this possibility (which the author previously considered difficult or impossible) introduced a bug. Bummer, it was an outstanding addition. I hope Patrizio can fix it. : (

===================
Update after receiving a response from the developer:

He has already submitted a fix to Nokia and it's up to them to put it in the store. He apologizes to everyone for the inconvenience.

Loginin 2013-02-11 17:17

Very sad thing: looks like I encountered the same issue, but with security code ON. Now downloading firmware for reflash: no keyboard to enter security code.

Nad 2013-02-11 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loginin (Post 1322504)
Very sad thing: looks like I encountered the same issue, but with security code ON. Now downloading firmware for reflash: no keyboard to enter security code.

You can remove the security code using nss I think.

G_Gus 2013-02-12 08:36

In my case I had Voice Input installed.
I don't know if it is the same as Quick Voice, but uninstalling that did bring me back the keyboards.

hth
G

desertconsulting 2013-02-12 11:33

Hi all,

first of all I want to say sorry to those who have had problems because of QVIK.
An upgrade of the software is available on the Nokia store, it fixes the "disappearing keyboards" issue. The problem was caused by a bug in QVIK that made the Harmattan's input plugin handler crash without any message and without any chance to recover. I'm investigating to find a way to handle plugin crashes so to avoid to block the whole user input when they happen.

You can download the fixed QVIK from the usual location: http://store.ovi.com/content/244542

For any support request, contact me at desertconsulting (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Kind regards,
Patrizio Bruno

kainerious 2013-02-13 06:58

desertconsulting, Patrizio Bruno...
Thank you. Just came back to this post to warn that the update was already available in the store.

efion 2013-02-13 09:39

If anyone occuring this and not related to QVIK, try to restore your backup, it did for me after screwing around with my keyboard theme.

Purpleube 2013-02-23 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nad (Post 1322521)
You can remove the security code using nss I think.

Hi!
What is nss? Got the same problem with my N9, no keyboards to enter the security code.
Thanks

HtheB 2013-03-30 08:28

Re: [Help] All my keyboards disapeard

I still have this problem with the newest quick voice input.

Any 'manual' fix possible to get it working?
I know removing qvik would solve it, but I do want to use the qvik too...

cabiludo 2014-04-22 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertconsulting (Post 1322592)
Hi all,

first of all I want to say sorry to those who have had problems because of QVIK.
An upgrade of the software is available on the Nokia store, it fixes the "disappearing keyboards" issue. The problem was caused by a bug in QVIK that made the Harmattan's input plugin handler crash without any message and without any chance to recover. I'm investigating to find a way to handle plugin crashes so to avoid to block the whole user input when they happen.

You can download the fixed QVIK from the usual location: http://store.ovi.com/content/244542

For any support request, contact me at desertconsulting (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Kind regards,
Patrizio Bruno

Patrizio, I can not buy the app store by NOKIA. How can I get the new version, odd since I've been using the latest version of the native keyboard disappears!