maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Weather no longer loading? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=101157)

taixzo 2021-02-06 22:25

Weather no longer loading?

For the past few days I've noticed that the weather provided by the Sailfish Foreca integration is not updating on my phone - the temperature on the lock screen is stuck at what it was last Monday, the weather applet shows "No network", and the app itself shows "Problem loading information - Try again". Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there something I can patch to get the information back? I'm running 3.3.0.16, currently.

suicidal_orange 2021-02-06 23:11

Re: Weather no longer loading?

Works perfectly here, no idea why they would but maybe they deleted your location?

N77 2021-02-07 07:15

It's been two weeks since weather doesn't update. "No network" in my case too. I'm also running 3.3.0.16 on XA2 on Tmobile network.

Don't think this issue is location connected. The app would not load any location at all.

Any ideas, anyone?

peterleinchen 2021-02-07 07:28

It may be fixed with newest (EA) release.
But no answer regarding a fix for any older firmware (not to expect!).

I did not notice problems with meecast (using foreca)...

suicidal_orange 2021-02-07 14:41

I'm on 3.4.0.24 so that's probably why mine still works, didn't remember upgrading from 3.3 but seems I did!

taixzo 2021-02-07 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange (Post 1570905)
Works perfectly here, no idea why they would but maybe they deleted your location?

Seems unlikely as I have it set to the nearest large city. Also, as N77 said, I cannot load *any* location (I get the same error as soon as I start typing something into location search).

I'm on the Pro1 which as far as I know has issues with the latest release. Can anyone compare the weather app and see what changed? It may be that we could manually patch it on 3.3.0.16 to update whatever changed there.

olf 2021-02-08 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1570919)
[...] It may be that we could manually patch it on 3.3.0.16 to update whatever changed there.

Or use MeeCast for SailfishOS with Meecast Event View and Meecast Daemon, which are Free Software (in contrast to Foreca's / Jolla's "Weather" app) and offers many weather data providers (among them Foreca and Weather.com, the latter providing the best forecast, IMO).

N77 2021-02-08 11:58

Meecast Event View would not install. Meecast Daemon installs but besides making the phone blink every 5 secs while in use is useless.

The good news is MeeCast works :)

taixzo 2021-02-09 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by olf (Post 1570920)
Or use MeeCast for SailfishOS with Meecast Event View and Meecast Daemon, which are Free Software (in contrast to Foreca's / Jolla's "Weather" app) and offers many weather data providers (among them Foreca and Weather.com, the latter providing the best forecast, IMO).

Thank you, this is working well for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by N77
Meecast Event View would not install. Meecast Daemon installs but besides making the phone blink every 5 secs while in use is useless.

The good news is MeeCast works

For me, neither seemed to work until I rebooted, and now they're both working fine.

N77 2021-02-10 20:36

Updated to 3.4.0.24 and now Weather works.