maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Terrible virtual keyboard on N9 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100747)

smartblu9 2019-05-20 20:45

Terrible virtual keyboard on N9

I purchased a chineese N9 for 35 USD and flashed it (successfully) with the 1.3-005 variant (DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_005.bin).
I installed successfully N9repoMirror, Warehouse, QTweak, QMLRadio, Mecast, MeeRadio, Podcatcher, gPodder, DingMee, Quickddit, Ionic. I downloaded Maps from here : http://nokiamaps.prv.pl/nokia_maps_v_00.02.54.223.html.

Now everything work (Maps, Mails, FM Radio, Internet Radio...) BUT the virtual keyboards ! It's a mess. I tried all of them. No one works totally:
- english, US, german : impossible to click W key in portrait mode
- english, US, german : impossible to click Backward key in landscape mode
- french, spanish... : impossible to click Z, A, S keys in portrait mode
- french, spanish... : impossible to click Backward key in landscape mode
:confused::confused::confused:
Did anyone get this behavior ?
PS: the physical screen seems to be operating as I can use ALL areas in others contexts.

endsormeans 2019-05-21 00:26

Re: Terrible virtual keyboard on N9

Firstly ...
DO NOT POST LIKE YOU HAVE .

there is no need for two exact replicated threads and posts to exist .
It doesn't help with clutter in this place, and it doesn't help you to get the help you or advice you need

Delete one of them.

peterleinchen 2019-05-21 05:31

Or am I right here?

peterleinchen 2019-05-21 05:36

Never ever occured.
But as those buttons you mention all are in the same area of different keyboard layouts it is mostly a screen hardware issue.
That you experience to believe this area is working with normal usage pattern might be related to work mechanism of capacitive touch screen?

pichlo 2019-05-21 08:56

^^^That was exactly what first came to my mind, Peter.

smartblu9 2019-05-21 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1557228)
Never ever occured.
But as those buttons you mention all are in the same area of different keyboard layouts it is mostly a screen hardware issue.
That you experience to believe this area is working with normal usage pattern might be related to work mechanism of capacitive touch screen?

Thanks for your opinion. I'm afraid you're right :(
I was wondering if it's a genuine one. I dismounted it. Seems to be genuine but seems to be often dismounted in the past as well !! Some screws are missing :-( I suspect this one was a problematic one. I will likely purchase another one (however I'll choose another vendor this time).

deutch1976 2019-05-21 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartblu9 (Post 1557232)
Thanks for your opinion. I'm afraid you're right :(
I was wondering if it's a genuine one. I dismounted it. Seems to be genuine but seems to be often dismounted in the past as well !! Some screws are missing :-( I suspect this one was a problematic one. I will likely purchase another one (however I'll choose another vendor this time).

Hello there. Most of the N9's that are being sold online are refurbished and they change the screen for new ones but not original. I bought a new screen for my N9 and cost 5€. When i tried to assemble it i realized the bad quality it had. Glad it was only 5€ :)

smartblu9 2019-05-22 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutch1976 (Post 1557236)
Hello there. Most of the N9's that are being sold online are refurbished and they change the screen for new ones but not original. I bought a new screen for my N9 and cost 5€. When i tried to assemble it i realized the bad quality it had. Glad it was only 5€ :)

Damnation ! I knew it ! Did you discover a way for finding the one with genuine display ? Price ?

deutch1976 2019-05-23 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartblu9 (Post 1557281)
Damnation ! I knew it ! Did you discover a way for finding the one with genuine display ? Price ?

Without disassembling? No! Unfortunatly

Jeffrey04 2019-05-24 04:10

lol N9 keyboard is one of the best VKB that I used so far, good amount of tactile (short vibration when pressed) and audio feedback