maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Competitors (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Someone wanted a poem... Here is a story :) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58465)

AtteK0 2010-07-14 18:07

Someone wanted a poem... Here is a story :)

A long time ago in a world called "high end mobile phone market competition" four mobile OSs were forged one by one by wizards called developers and programmers. First came Symbian, which was a very powerful platform for the time being. It was good.

The same wizard who created Symbian saw that it was not enough for the public of weird magical penguins demanding "terminal" and "open source". So Maemo was created. Nokia, the multinational corporation wizard did not yet realise the potential.

One day the whole reality of the mystical mobile market was clouded by a threat from The Apple, another multinational magical group of cool but evil nerds. They called their creation the "iPhone".

The iPhone clouded peoples minds and became powerful, ruining Nokias magical high-end cellphone market in no time. People liked the beautiful and simple eye candy and became dumb, dumb enough to believe the head wizard saying video calling and multitasking is a "new" thing.

The newer OS Android fell in the trap: it decided to dumb itself down to sell itself. Symbian was no match for iPhone either.

However, from the depths of Nokia emerged N900, a mystical phone carrying a powerful OS Maemo. Nokias last hope struck swiftly and deep, rendering all the smart members of the world its wielders. The evil called iPhone was beaten for a while. Only fools carried it.

Soon The Apple released a new phone which was thought to beat N900 and all the rest, iPhone 4. But no. The people held the phone wrong.

Another great product from the magical penguins was created... called a MeeGo. Two great powers of Moblin and Maemo fused and now it is ready to disperse the plague of iPhone from this world once and for all...

jd4200 2010-07-14 18:20

Re: Someone wanted a poem... Here is a story :)

Lol, I was writing my poem when the thread got closed, anywho:

He went by the name of Ankit, who came across as a total twit,
for the N900 held too much power for this simple mind to gather.
Oh to the Apple: his new found love affair, he shall no doubt return in an air of despair.
May we bless upon him the ability to read, for this is his only chance to succeed.

AtteK0 2010-07-14 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd4200 (Post 751866)
Lol, I was writing my poem when the thread got closed, anywho:

He went by the name of Ankit, who came across as a total twit,
for the N900 held too much power for this simple mind to gather.
Oh to the Apple: his new found love affair, he shall no doubt return in an air of despair.
May we bless upon him the ability to read, for this is his only chance to succeed.

That is a pretty good poem :)

I don't really possess the will nor vocabulary to write poems but stories are much more easier...

fatalsaint 2010-07-14 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtteK0 (Post 751852)
Soon The Apple released a new phone which was thought to beat N900 and all the rest, iPhone 4. But no. The people held the phone wrong.

I swear.. this is never getting old. I chuckled.

ysss 2010-07-14 19:44

I'm wondering how many simpletons think it's easier to design a proper 'dumbed down' interface than just shoving a CLI to the user.

fatalsaint 2010-07-14 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysss (Post 751958)
I'm wondering how many simpletons think it's easier to design a proper 'dumbed down' interface than just shoving a CLI to the user.

Not many I think think it's easier to design said interface.. they just think it's required that people do so before their product is legitimate.

blwthompson 2010-07-14 20:19

i never saw the original thread :( i assume it was some douche complaning about requiring to use xterm or something and changing to crapPhone??

fatalsaint 2010-07-14 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by blwthompson (Post 752029)
i never saw the original thread :( i assume it was some douche complaning about requiring to use xterm or something and changing to crapPhone??

Is it just me that see's how utterly sad, like to the point of tears, it is that someone that didn't even see the original post could get so close to exactly what it was about... :(

Short of the personal insults ... yes - a user decided the N900 was not for him/her.. decided that we all would love to know that.. the thread turned into yet another descension into the ugliness of human nature but was stopped short when it was Locked and moved..

Soooooo... naturally... someone had to make a counter-post just to make sure lady justice was balanced....

imperiallight 2010-07-14 22:10

Quote:

Someone else has one of your quotes as their sig, I think someone should grab this.

Thesandlord 2010-07-14 22:34

This is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I liked to take a minute
Just sit right on my bed
I'll tell you how I became the owner of a N900