maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kasvopus, black screen, exit (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70778)

Bramji 2011-03-07 15:06

Kasvopus, black screen, exit

Hi,

I have installed kasvopus on my n900,
but when i start the app I only see a black screen for a few secs.
than nothing, it quits itself....
whats wrong?

i use ssu and webos game: need for speed

thanks

janne.palo 2011-03-08 07:19

Re: Kasvopus, black screen, exit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bramji (Post 962526)
Hi,

I have installed kasvopus on my n900,
but when i start the app I only see a black screen for a few secs.
than nothing, it quits itself....
whats wrong?

i use ssu and webos game: need for speed

thanks

Same problem here..

travla 2011-03-08 08:10

Black screen is a problem relating to authentication (even if you already had authenticated before). I stumbled on this issue, even after authenticating Kasvopus (and microB stores my password for facebook).

When you see the black screen, open the keyboard, then close it, it should show the authentication page on facebook.

Let me know how you guys go.

ayos! 2011-03-08 08:50

tried your suggestion but im still getting the black screen. clearing cookies, cache and authenticated sessions didnt help either

travla 2011-03-08 09:19

Okay, go to facebook.com->Account (top right)->Privacy Settings->Apps and websites

Check that Kasvopus is there (you may need to click Edit Settings next to Apps you use) and has the correct permissions. You could also try removing it which "should" prompt Kasvopus to re-authenticate.

Bramji 2011-03-08 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by travla (Post 963016)
Okay, go to facebook.com->Account (top right)->Privacy Settings->Apps and websites

Check that Kasvopus is there (you may need to click Edit Settings next to Apps you use) and has the correct permissions. You could also try removing it which "should" prompt Kasvopus to re-authenticate.

@ the settings is no kasvopus:(
how can i add it to the apps i use?

thanks

ayos! 2011-03-08 14:26

^^ same issue here

n900newb 2011-03-09 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by travla (Post 962987)
Black screen is a problem relating to authentication (even if you already had authenticated before). I stumbled on this issue, even after authenticating Kasvopus (and microB stores my password for facebook).

When you see the black screen, open the keyboard, then close it, it should show the authentication page on facebook.

Worked for me! Thanks!

janne.palo 2011-03-09 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by travla (Post 962987)

Didn't work for me..

travla 2011-03-09 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by janne.palo (Post 963810)
Didn't work for me..

I had also read on Tommi's blog that upon seeing the black screen, quickly rotating the device to portait and back to landscape may work.