maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla1 & TOH (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   So who has had their invitation email? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91812)

bockersjv 2013-11-17 22:26

So who has had their invitation email?

Not sure if I will be one of the 450 but it could be close. Would love to make the trip to Helsinki though.

So who is the first to receive the golden ticket email ? At least we know it won't be Dave999 :)

shmerl 2013-11-18 00:17

Re: So who has had their invitation email?

Most probably wouldn't, since it's Finland only now.

Lumiaman 2013-11-18 03:03

The invitees are likely the employees and others in the close circle, so that the party is truly a family party. I doubt anyone outside of those circles will be invited.

maluka 2013-11-18 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumiaman (Post 1387179)
The invitees are likely the employees and others in the close circle, so that the party is truly a family party. I doubt anyone outside of those circles will be invited.

I got my invite and I'm not related to any Jolla people and I live 2 hours away from Helsinki. I did however put in my €100 pre-order during the first few minutes it was available.

Metsämies 2013-11-18 03:29

I also got the invitation but I didn't remember to answer yesterday. Someone else will get my place..

bockersjv 2013-11-18 10:12

Well that clears it up. I did wonder if they would send invites regardless of country of purchase. Shame they didn't, it would have been the longest trip to collect a new bit of tech. Beats the 200 mile round trip to collect my N900 by some mark.

bockersjv 2013-11-18 10:15

So when will the invite to purchase emails be arriving?

Tujutzki 2013-11-18 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by bockersjv (Post 1387233)
Well that clears it up. I did wonder if they would send invites regardless of country of purchase. Shame they didn't, it would have been the longest trip to collect a new bit of tech. Beats the 200 mile round trip to collect my N900 by some mark.

Plenty of people outside Finland have reported here (in the JollaLoveDay topic) that they have gotten the invitation, so country doesn´t matter. Jolla said on Twitter last week that only Finns would get the invitation, but they later corrected it.

gerbick 2013-11-18 11:16

I can't help but draw parallels to getting your invite via e-mail to getting a Willy Wonka golden ticket...

I'm in the US, hadn't received any e-mail. I have an order ID, but opted for the 0€ package which means if there is any hierarchy that I'm probably near the bottom. But that's fine.

It'll happen sooner than later.

juiceme 2013-11-18 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1387250)
I can't help but draw parallels to getting your invite via e-mail to getting a Willy Wonka golden ticket...

So our manners & behaviour will be judged harshly when we go to Narinkkatori... :D