View Single Post
Originally Posted by delta.br View Post
Reflash it. However. Better than struggeling with that **** more time around ;-)
Not exactly. This way, You don't have chance to properly debug the problem, then avoid it next time OR help improving community made apps / fix nokia bugs. Debugging need much patience, but fixing something Yourself, or as a cooperative work with other community members, is very rewarding. Trust me.

Anyway, of course, it's always Your decision what to do with Your device.

---

Anyway, You mentioned that You charge Your battery externally. The bq27200 module/chip can't properly detect events such as "new battery", so problem would probably disappear after charging device via USB. Which, obviously, You wasn't able to try, cause broken USB port. BME was reporting correct values, cause it calculates capacity somehow (including guesswork) via battery voltage. BME does NOT use raw bq chip measuring means.

I'm 99% sure, that somehow, colin's command to blacklist b1 module wasn't working for You. Which is no surprise for me, cause blacklisting doesn't work for me also Attention! I don't mean, that it's colin's fault - his command is perfectly fine. I tried every single method to blacklist bq module, checked n times, that my blacklist list is out of typos - to no avail. Only one way for me was to modprobe -r, which result in device restart ~32 minutes after executing.

Doing proper bq learning cycle (letting battery voltage as reported by bq to get under 3248 mV, without device turning off via bme, then charging to full), bq module work fine for me - at least, meaning that it doesn't cause problems (values returned are still somehow wrong, but i think I'm close to developing "user behavior hack" to fix that), so i just let it go.

Then, pyBattery (which is excellent piece of code, all-together with advanced-power-monitor by the way), always use bq data, when it's present. That's why Your applet always thought that battery is 0%. No big deal, mind You - bq module perform read only, so this was only visual mismatch, no risk of loosing anything, and certainly, didn't deserve reflashing device.

Hope it helps, at least for other people that may come here, searching for solution
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!