View Single Post
Originally Posted by Suurorca View Post
Hi,

Thanks very much, QSpot has become quite usable.

I, too, suffered from this 'playlists fail to load' issue. Even over wlan. I have a lot of long playlists, probably several tens of thousands of songs altogether, so I wasn't so surprised that there were issues syncing them properly. However, all that disappeared a version or two ago, and now it works flawlessly.

Except... every now and then the phone drops connection for a longer period of time, which now causes QSpot to notify "connection lost to spotify backend system", and requiring "done" to be pressed. This prompt will usually be repeated 3-4 times, after which the client either crashes, or throws me back to the login screen. And for the death of me, I cannot understand why anyone would want such a prompt. If connection drops, I want it to silently attempt reconnecting to internet, and then automatic relogin, say every 3-5 minutes. Music stopping is all the clue I need to what's happening. Perhaps an unintrusive "Connection lost... attempting to reconnect in 1 minute" system message would be optimal.

Please, get that right and you have created a perfect app.
Glad to hear you like QSpot.. I agree that it is very annoying getting a connection lost popup that needs to be dismissed by the user, I will fix the connection lost / re-connect handling for the next QSpot version..