View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Well, to be considered "a first" in a mobile phone camera, there are only few things that comes to mind that will be useful:

1. Fast continuous shots. Possibly 2fps+ full-res burst mode and 5fps+ @ lower-res.
2. Take photos while recording a video. (not as useful/amazing)
3. Infra-red night vision (but N9 doesn't have IR LED's...)
4. Super high ISO support e.g. ISO 6400 (umm, VERY unlikely)
5. High-FPS slow-motion video recording. (maybe like 120fps?)
6. Full manual exposure control (but N9 doesn't have variable aperture lense?)

There are few others but I already know the answer to it or it's just technically not possible on the N9. (and some stuff I haven't even thought of) So yeah, I would say #1 is the highest probability. No idea what other phones are capable of but I don't recall a phone with faster than 2fps+ full-res continuous shots. Do you? If not, #5 is possible also. I guess it'll be useful for golfers like me as you can record your swing and watch it frame by frame with much more detail. Anyways, this is all just a wild guess BTW.
1. This would be welcome.
2. Don't see much use for this but why not?
3. Yes doubt it.
4. Unsure
5. This would be superb. Never thought id use this but it could be a great feature.

For me the key updates would be those that make the camera act like a proper 8mp, with a low f stop. It need to improve its performance in all light conditions. Nokia also need to remove the cloudy/hazy look that its camera's suffer from.

Also, the auto fix function in the camera is rubbish. It works sometimes and at other times make the photo look artificial. E.g.