View Single Post
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
The point was that it's so wastly outdated that pretty much any device made today
Well, for my use cases no one has made a better device in the past 4 years so I'll keep using it as long as I can find fresh batteries to feed it.

that has a native compiler available is a better choice as far as Qt-fication goes, the only possible motivation being if you actually have an N8x0 gathering dust and too much time on your hand (and as post-Qt4.5 on Diablo never happened, apparently that's not motivating enough).
The main demotivating factor is that Qt has such a large fs footprint that you pretty much have to clone the system to SD first before being able to do anything serious with it. The vm footprint isn't insignificant either since it has to coexist with the entire Hildon stack. Presumably, as such things tend to do, more recent versions would have grown a bit.

... I would disagree on the basis of webOS' official support for SDL and OpenGL applications. If that's OK, Qt has to be OK, too.
Said support is mostly game-oriented and a bit limited (eg full-screen only, no integration with "platform" menus etc). If that's OK for Qt apps then sure, it should be doable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: