View Single Post
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I don't have the problems you speak of browsing on my N800... but it took 10 months for the right combination of user tweaks and OS for that to be said.

I also use a WinMo device running 2003 in my work vehicle and the browser just plain sucks... Not to mention I don't dare disconnect it from the charger for any length of time or risk loosing everything stored in RAM... Where it shines over the N800 though is the third party apps. TomTom navigator, my weather app, and assorted Today screen widgets run continuously on it. However, that took almost 3 years to sort out.

Now that I have Wayfinder up on OS2008 and can now also connect through my phone, I use the N800 exclusively during my personal time. I can throw the thing in my jacket pocket on Friday night and not have to worry about charging again until Sunday evening. I can also carry 16 gigs of USB accessible mass storage on the dang thing.
I had open arms to OS2008 and it stabbed me dead before I could embrace it. It's great yours doesn't have the same issues!
The good thing is a more powerful, updated WM device lives in the guise of the HP iPaq 111. It should work better for me until I can sort out the N800 or sell it when I'm done with it. It has:

*Real support for stereo bluetooth and headset profiles.
*Rotatable screen.
*Smaller size/weight.
*Better or equal battery life.
*Compatiblity with and more support for file types I use.
*Built-in notes and recording app that really works.
*Fast memory and CPU (equals or betters OS2008 performance)
*WiFi B/G, Bluetooth everything.
*FAR better reliability.
*SDHC/SDIO support!
*Oh yeah! And configurable hardware buttons!

Still no consumer IR port though
*A Professor of Truth at the Academy for the Advancement of (insert subject here)
*A Pathological Non-Liar
*A Dissector of Logical Thought
*A Cynical Comic of Society

Delusions of grandeur not included. Do not use product in a manner not specified by the Terms of Use. Avoid prolonged exposure to intellectually flawed thought for best results.

Last edited by zeusenergy; 2008-01-07 at 03:41.