View Single Post
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
I Was dabbling in making Android applications, and needed a device to test them on, but now..

INever understood this"ecosystem" business until it was so obviously shoved in my face. Particularly with games, Ijust got plague, angry birds, and flow free, all for free, and they're awesome.

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed multitasking (or whatever you'd call Android's implementation). simply push the windows button and all running applications are shown, and all you have to do to close them is swipe them away.

Ironic that the Swipe UI is just not friendly at all when you need to close something.
Swipe to multitasking, hold down finger, click on tiny little red cross, then select done.
(fwiw, if someone could figure out how to implement a better system this would really help system interactions)

And lastly, the smoothness.

I Actually feel JB runs better than MeeGo.

The only time the Android-vm system seems to slow it down is when playing intense games, although I will say fruit ninja JB is substantially slower than apkenv fruit ninja.

I'm not sure if I could resist permanent Android if it was working flawlessly, what about you?

Last edited by optimaxxx; 2012-10-29 at 01:30.