View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The Board feels that the Council should solicit community opinions more often about issues such as these. In this particular case, the Board doesn't see the Cuncil reaching out to the community enough. (There have been a couple of complaints from Community members.) To be clear, the migration decision isn't solely the Council's, but the community's decision at large... The Council is in place to facilitate these community-wide operations, but not mandate them.
I wouldn't want to get involved in Board vs Council but I've complained to Council about a number of things and from what I've seen its the Board that needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

SD69 came on the last Council meeting and reading from logs he said for Board meetings to visit:
SD69 www.concert-oh.com at 1800 tomorrow
I visited that site at 1800 GMT and guess what there was no public access. It is downright INSULTING to give out a time and location and then not give necessary details required to attend the meeting.

As a Community member all I can see is a Council working their a*ses off to make things work and a Board that knows next to nothing technically but still interferes in things with road-blocks and for the primary objective of handling finances doing a poor job.

Tell me where is the EU bank account or flattr for donations or the OVI account? Seems donations are not that required anymore since IPHH is a pretty good option but where was even one BoD on the donations thread to inform about it? It was left to joerg_rw to do so and I asked him why take so long and he showed me his task list and it seems the Board have been doing comparatively very little. A Donors wall that was last updated nearly a month ago! Wow you expect donations but don't update the Community on its status?

The Board needs to remember you are elected to ensure the Community lives on by facilitating donations etc and NOT to be the new Nokia like some of you seem to be keen to follow. Why not solicit opinions yourself via TMO etc instead of pushing it to a clearly over-worked Council? Where is your thread on TMO or ML asking for opinions? Aren't your'll going to do the pay-outs if ever required or sign contracts?

Where is the proper procedures that if maemo infra is migrated to OSUOSL, an American institution, all EU laws would be complied with and not infringed on since except for TMO all other infra is based in EU?

One important edit:

The Council or individual Councillors can be interacted with directly on IRC on #maemo-meeting etc so anybody can give their opinions to them but I ask Board where is your public channels except for an email address? I had to canvass the Council meeting logs to know about the Board's impeding meeting.

Why aren't there public announcements if the meeting is public? Communication from Board needs to be improved pronto IMO...

Also if the Board intends to send an open letter of sorts to Ubuntu or any other organization please consult with the Community as we all know how mangled the Jolla discussions became due to various factors.

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-02-18 at 09:48.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: