View Single Post
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
You cannot access the compressed root system from gparted, so i doubt that the system itself is corrupted. But you could corrupt the loaded kernel during a crash. The whole information on putting nitdroid on the N900 is very fragmented all over the net... Which how-to did you try to follow? Did you start gparted from an installed system or from Live-Media like CD, DVD or USB-stick?

Did you try to flash with both your batteries?
Which OS do you use on the PC you are trying to flash from?

Edit:You could have done damage to the second partition,but that would not stop the phone from booting, as far as i know. You just would miss lots of additional applications and your custom settings.
↲↲↲thanks Michaa,↲↲Its good that the compressed root system can't be accessd, was gettin worried I might have erased the root data.↲the link to the tutorial i was followin is www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q1biPWvKOE and I was running GParted from a Linux PC.↲I have just tried the two batteries one at a time and though fully charged, still couldn't boot or be visible in the PC.↲↲Am currently lookin for another cable and pc, just to try, but in the meantime, any further advice?↲↲am grateful for all your efforts to assist. Thank you,