View Single Post
Originally Posted by phr View Post
Unless the UI of this thing is crazier than I imagine, I'm in the silent profile. I went to the setup application, picked "device", then "sound and vibrations" and selected the silent profile so that it's highlighted in blue. I also turned the volume all the way down to zero, and turned off the profile toggles underneath the volume (and also tried with them turned on). Nothing that I tried got rid of the shutter sound.

(Later): a little searching finds http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...21&postcount=7 and a few other posts indicating that for certain regions, silent mode doesn't turn off the shutter sound, so maybe that's what I've got. There's info about deleting the .wav file containing the sound clip, so I guess I'll give that a try.

"About device" says PR 1.2 (30.2012.07-1_PR_006). Is that reasonably current?

I guess whatever issues I'm having, the N9 is certainly nicer than an Android phone.
phr,

We are currently on PR1.3 (the last ever release from Nokia) but it comes with some Calendar syncing issues that were not present in PR1.2. Your phone should've notified you of the new PR1.3 that you can install OTA. Otherwise you can sideload it.

BTW, you can dual boot Android with the phone although the mod loses call functionality (deal breaker for a phone, if you ask me).

Have fun.

Cheers,
~wonger

The Following User Says Thank You to wonger For This Useful Post: