View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Yeah, this is a bit worrying, no Nokia quality to expect (I've been using second hand N900 mostly for the last 1.5 years which puts it in 2.5 years category, still fully functional, only issue is a bit scratched screen, my original one 'almost new' should get me 2 more years of usage, no scratch on it so far). Problem with this approach is: if you cannot click a button for 0$ informing them of your interest, only being interested after they arrive... they might never arrive. Your interest might go unnoticed. Didn't notice any mention that by clicking preorder for 0$ you are obliged to pay them the 400 euros later. (never clicked this option, so not sure, maybe they expect a signature in blood, in that case I'm sorry)
I clicked that button. I'm happy to register my interest, but not to part with money until I at least get more solid information on shipment dates and device specifications. There are still a lot of things that can go wrong, and I can't justify betting 100 euros on them shipping a device. If they are relying on advanced pre-order funds in order to produce and ship the devices (and I doubt they are), then for me that is another reason not to give it to them. I'm nowhere near rich enough to be able to treat relatively wealthy people like a charity case.

We know these guys are talented engineers, but we don't know about their grasp of the more mundane stuff, like manufacturing and logistics. At this stage, I'd rather wait and see.

My website

GitHub

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: