View Single Post
Nice work, the final effect looks very professional (almost, like N900 was designed this way). Your photo-tutorial is very good, too.

Personally, I wouldn't remove lock switch to fit regular size USB port (to less kowledgeable - it doesn't allow connecting 2 devices at once, technically, it's same one port with two ends) - portable y-cable is always with my N900, allowing the same thing (inc. charging while hostmode). But it's just me, and I understand, that having full-sized port matched your aesthetic more

OTOH, I think you'll agree, that this solar panel thingie is just a PoF, hardly usable in real life? Also, have you integrated something to protect panel itself? AFAIK, when in sunlight, they give power, but when out of it, and still connected to charged battery, reversed voltage slowly (or quickly, depending on panel) kills photovoltanic capabilities. So, at least diodes are absolutly required, if you don't want to have weird decoration, instead of "working" panel, if your plane crash on that desert, eventually

Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
On the side note, can You post few more pics of Your lovely work partner :-D Just to make sure You're not makeing her up ;-)
tmo != dating site, please We're supposed to belive, that you're suggesting he sticked nail-polish to his hands, thus "made up" work partner for photos?

Anyway, if we're at off-topic department:

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
Sorry I'm not used to seeing ladies around TMO, much more a lady who loves modifying her gadget. hehe Congrats on your mod!
Sadly, I knew those aren't author hands, from 1st second. Woman, who likes to mess with soldering iron/cutters/DIY as whole, *won't* have nails of this size, belive me. If you see a girl with fancy long nails - real or glue'd - you may be 99% sure, that she doesn't like to tinker.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-06-15 at 03:23.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: