Thread: Wanted: N900
View Single Post
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
You may want to see this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83928
Maybe it would be more productive to join forces? My project for it is quite advanced. Coincidentally, access to 3D scanner is the thing I'm currently lacking, and it was slowing down progress quite a much (needed to re-design everything manually).

/Estel
I have been following your project from the beginning and am aware that you were measuring the device up. One of the first thing I was going to do is share the scanned images with you

But my first design is different than yours. I am trying to make one with keyboard below screen, thinner device with place for 2 batteries side by side.

I'll probably also make one normal, just like N900, but with lesser volume and maybe full USB.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yeah, mettal housing will shield all forms of radiation so external antenae are pretty much a must.
No not necessarily. I'll have a cutout with plastic at the place of antennae, just like iPad.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
it interesting to see more people getting involved in creating metal bodiy for N900. Can you people show us a preview of what you are people are making ?
I don't have a preview yet. I'll start next week. This week I still have exams
But I do need a device first to be scanned in! I use my own as a daily driver.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post: