View Single Post
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
We do more than just listen to your phone calls over here.

Maybe it would be fun to list the total donations so far from each country, so we could get a little competition going. You Europeans talk a good game, but will you put your money where your mouth is?
I love the idea. This is one of the rare situations where competition in national pride might end up in creating something good. As a Finn (with a Swedish forum nickname - what!?!) I personally challenge my Swedish brothers and sisters to show that you guys are not complete NSA lap dogs after all - you still appreciate open information, open hw and open sw available for everyone.

As a Finn I also challenge my fellow Finns. Do you guys have any idea where Nokia originated from? Do you know who this wonderful yet spicy Linus Torvalds person is - the man who brought us Linux kernel? Linux kernel is an every day thing driving millions of appliances (Android phones and all that...) It just works and you can actually review and compile it yourself if you don't have the faith in it. It is a beautiful boon to the whole of humanity and we should be proud of it.

How about showing that a piece of Finnish engineering can be used, upgraded and built on for years to come?

Last edited by YuppieNalle; 2013-11-02 at 11:46. Reason: More prose.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to YuppieNalle For This Useful Post: