View Single Post
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
According tou your log, your kernel image file was found and loaded successifully, so what fails is one of the steps after that.
I am fairly sure you are missing your harmattan preinit file, as that is the most common failure after a misplaced kernel image.

To make sure, please check that you have /sbin/preinit_harmattan on your root partition.
If you are missing it, you can copy your existing preinit file and it should be OK.

To do that, enter the collowing command as root:
"cp /sbin/preinit /sbin/preinit_harmattan"

After that, just reflash your ubiboot kernel and you should be fine.
@juiceme Thankyou so much. I followed ur commands (copying file and flashing ubiboot 02 kernel) and now I have ubiboot menu booting up and harmattan loads fine when chosen.
However, when nitdroid is chosen (Eyes's L2Fix Nitdroid image under android menu), nothing happens even if waiting for a long time. So I switched off and switched on to get ubibbot menu. Sailfish boots but not nitdroidor firefox . Did I miss something ? or is that got to do with reflashing ubiboot after copying of preinit-harmattan. Kindly help, if possible.

Also, what if I want to uninstall ubiboot completely (excluding the moslo partitioning procedure) and reinstall ubiboot and all OS from scratch? Is there a uninstall tutorial? As Iam a windows user, I'm willing to compile the ubiboot install and reinstall procedure for (windows users), when i get familiar with the steps. May be, if each step is indexed well, that will make it simple for all.

I appreciate all your efforts and Thanks again.

Last edited by mkpal; 2014-02-02 at 09:39.