View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
I already thought about that, but dpkg -b passes --format=gnu parameter to tar, which busybox's one doesn't know. So you have to either install gnu-tar or binutils (for ar), or package something else with shell script. The irony here.
Actually, it looks like we have 'dpkg-deb' included in the stock N900.

Aaand the results are in, I can build a package with it (dpkg-deb, using a directory populated by my script) that it will then install. Tested 'Provides' property of course, works too. I'd say that's sufficient for the first version.

The script will be up in some repo somewhere within the hour if nothing derails me, and a properly deb-packaged version will be pushed to auto-builder not too far afterwords.

[EDIT: Actually, I should really test this on my completely-stock n900 before I say that with certainty, maybe dpkg-deb is doing exactly what you said]

[EDIT2: Yeah I should've realized that wasn't going to work from just what you said and what I know about dpkg. *Facepalm* False ray of hope that I raised in myself for no good reason there.]

[EDIT3: But wait, stock busybox does have an 'ar' command! It's just not symlinked out into its own name, but it can be invoked with 'busybox ar' - this seems more promising.]

[Edit 4: seems unusable because the busybox 'ar' that comes stock can only unpack, not pack)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2014-02-08 at 10:44.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: