View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by xes View Post
in my opinion it would be better to set the delay (-t) in seconds or ms.
Also the morse code should have a speed rate parameter (i suppose that not all of us are so experienced to understand something at that speed...)
Drat, can't believe I missed this request last week. Sorry about that.

I'm not sure that I want to change the way that the timeout is defined; if you're wanting to stop the display in just a few milliseconds, it seems to me that you're trying to do something different than just avoiding battery drain...

However, setting the speed of the Morse code display is easy, and I really should have just copied over the code from Lanterne in the first place. Torchio 0.0.4 is now moving up to extras-devel, and has a new option "-d nnn" which sets the dot duration value. The "nnn" is a numeric value describing the amount of milliseconds that a dot should be held. Torchio currently supports values from 1 millisecond to 600000 milliseconds (10 minutes). This should affect the speed of the pulsed, SOS, and Morse code modes.

Very cool! (Although I could see this kind of technology becoming very irritating, if advertisers start trying to use it. )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: