View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Spinning it out to an "off-topic" thread doesn't make sense in this instance, as it was at least loosely on-topic, only some content in Woody's/Joer's posts was off-topic (as it was personal attacks).
Ah.. But if you have people who are supposed to be "leading the community" that are instead actively attacking the core that's keeping things legally and financially afloat? I assure you that will cause a lot more trouble then a broken garage script, or having to suggest P2P of device images.

How well do you think this community will do when you have a freshly elected Council member threatening to file suite against people for "slander", and sending threatening private mail, like this:

Originally Posted by joerg_rw
giving you a last heads-up, poor sick mad man.
I'll no longer tolerate you publicly damaging my reputation by stating made-up nonsense with no reference/citation. Even estel has the decency to occasionally try and prove his claims by linking to original source. You however just publicly perpetuate your own misconceptions you find so convenient. Even after you received proper correction several times. And now you even come up with totally made up fake stories ("you did so in OM"). You're free to cling to your prejudices and delusions as long as you like - IN PRIVATE!

Please don't fall for any false assumptions about the trouble YOU might get when you continue this way.
Nice huh? Not the first time he's threatened suits against people either. He privately (and the later publicly) did that to at least two Board members over the past cycle as well. That's a small part of why I left the Board, to distance myself before his childish internet rages and ****-ups became my liability.

BTW Joerg: Here's my reply, IN PUBLIC, for all to see. See, I don't play little dumb *** "behind the scenes" games. I say what I say in public, and stand by it. That's true of all my promises, good and bad.

Up till now, I've been nice. Mainly because I've seen you as little more than an internet clown, throwing tantrums over stupid crap that often didn't matter. It was annoying, and threatened Maemo a few times, but never threatened me directly. But let me be perfectly clear: You show up on my radar in the real world and you will regret it. I get so much as a letter from a legal firm, your world will be upside down before you get the confirmation receipt.

Think I'm joking? Keep in mind who bankrolled starting up the Foundation, and who wired YOU money personally in the past to help you out when you were financially low. No write-offs, no recognition, nothing expected in return. You think about real hard, and reconsider the bee hive you're swinging at, before you start something that I'll wind up finishing.

To the rest of you: Good luck... with "leaders" like this, technical infra events are going to be the least of your concerns.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: