Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] [Request] Hedgewars!
View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I actually find my netbook (2008 Asus EEE 901 8.9") quite useful. I use it mostly in meetings when most of my colleagues show up with iPads or pen and paper. Unless somebody else prepared for it I'm usually the only one who can feed the projector.
I also have a 12" and a 14" laptop but I find these to big for the scenario.
If the Vivaldi or some comparable device had made it I most likely would have aquired one just as a toy and maybe I would have found an actual use for it.

The 901 was also the last device I bought for myself with Windows, and I only did that because I really wanted to have the device and I knew somebody who wanted to have the XP license.
Since then I fought hard with the Dell support to get a laptop without Windows and bought another netbook (now my HTPC) and a Thinkpad from two shops that sell machines without Windows.

But for family and friends who look for a laptop (nobody ever wanted me to find a tablet) I still buy devices with Windows (mostly refurbished Dell E series since they tend to have the best value for money) because if something is wrong with Windows they blame MS and ask some other guy for support (they know I haven't touched Windows in years) but if there is a problem with Linux they blame me and ask me for support.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: