View Single Post
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
What do you mean? I have never had a tablet before so...

What might be the limitations for the T100TA for example?
My point is that because you haven't used a tablet before, you might not find it as useful or convenient once you actually get to use it. Things that might sound cool now might become a nuisance in actual use.

For example, gaming on a tablet os a pain in the arse in my opinion, because using on screen touch controls is annoying and very imprecise. And if you add a keyboard or a game controller, then you might as well buy a cheaper, more useful, 2 year old compact laptop.

But if you want a tablet to mainly surf the web, read books, listen to music, watch YouTube, etc, then one of the ASUS tablets is a waste of money because you will be underutilizing the hardware.

How about having 2 devices instead of 1? Cheap tablet like a Galaxy Tab 2 with expandable storage (and a compact bluetooth keyboard with integrated mousepad), and a laptop for use at home?

Another thing: At least the early generation of Asus Transformer tablets have a non-user replaceable battery. That to me would kill the deal right there. The Galaxy Tab 2 is non-user replaceable too, but I can tolerate that on a $150 device, not so on something 3 times more expensive or more. Just my honest opinion.

Take my comments with a huge grain of salt though, as what annoys me might not be an issue for you.

Last edited by malfunctioning; 2014-10-16 at 10:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post: