View Single Post
Remember the location of the last file open. I was just playing a few cartoons to my daughter, all from the same directory, and it was rather tedious to have to go "Open -> Browse Files -> Show SD Card -> 5AC7-FDDA -> Cartoons -> dirname -> file.mp4" over and over again. If next Open started straight from dirname, that would have saved a lot of time.
That is already possible by default(only with the advanced filemanager). You might notice that when you click on open the file browser swipes to the left and the video player comes in from the right. With a simple swipe guesture back (from left to right) you will see the file browser exactly were you left it before.

What's that business with the card ID anyway? Kinda pointless, it's not like the phone can take more than one. Why that extra step? Why does "Show SD Card" not go straight to the card's root? And even if that step is really necessary, why showing a cryptic card ID and not a disk label? My card has one.
Yeah the system is using the id of the card and not the label to mount it. As the id changes all the time(depending on the card inserted) I can only show what I am able to show

Would it be possible to swap volume up and down buttons in landscape mode? The current assignment is rather counter-intuitive.
The volume keys are not controlled by my player but are a global volume changer. You might want to make a request thread on together.jolla.com . Maybe SailfishOS Devs see this and could build in an option in systemsettings.

The most useful feature I would expect from a decent OS is a file type association. So that a tapping on file.mp4 in any random file manager opens an associated video player. Is that an impossible request?
Everything I can do is what I already do. The player is already registering itself as viewer for most video formats.
You can see all the different formats in the harbour-videoPlayer.desktop file in /usr/share/applications (or on the git sources)
If you have concrete things that I could add to this please mention them.
As for graphical file association tools. I am missing a "file open with"- page in most of the file managers. Maybe they are waiting for Jolla to come with an solution to add to the api.
In the last updates also the media gallery registers itself as video player. I am not sure which will get higher priority if both want to associate the same filetypes. Maybe the last installs or registered comes first.
All in all also a system/filemanager issue on which I can not do anything more than I already do in my video player.

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2014-11-15 at 22:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post: