View Single Post
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Just out out curiosity, how much does an XRay fault detector of the kind you'd need to make these, kinds of problems go faster go for nowadays?
Nah, it was a black humor (thanks for asking, nevertheless). You can't even bomb things with industry-grade amount of X-Ray radiation without proper allowances here. Besides, sets for detecting faults fall into 2 categories:
"generic" industry-scale ones, that scan one part at the time (suitable for checking for faults after production, on the "tape", rather - to scan parts of working machine, you would need to disassemble it, anyway) which are costing more than couple of new CNC machines build from scratch.

2. Custom-made ones designed to scan whole machinery without disassembling (some of them, suited for always-running machines, can even scan during worktime), which are obscenely expensive, obviously.

The latter were the ones I was referring to, but as said, it was a black humor joke.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Besides that, how's the actual error-hunting going? Find the defective part?, What's the cost of replacement if so?
I think I've found it - a part in the mill itself (that I don't even know English word for*) which is part of apparatus responsible for keeping rotating razor of the mill fixed, diagonally, at correct angle. Due to fatigue (and Chinese parts quality, to some extent) it started giving mill an angle bias, reverse-proportional to the direction of movement.

I hope that the above was written understandably enough to not fall (completely, at least) into techno-babble category Anyway, I'm waiting for the replacement part from China (was able to order it using my savings funds), and will be 100% sure after mounting it in place. Will also need to check on that part every few months or so.(quite likely, without disassembling - just running the "mill the rectangle" test on something, and measuring resulting angles).

/Estel

*How I purchases replacement without knowing the English name for a part, you might ask? By using the digital age equivalent of ancient "gesture talk" technique - I send a photo of the faulty part to my CNC parts supplier of choice, which, more often than not, is most reliable way of buying less-common replacement things from china Even IF you know the English name of a part, ordering it via name only may - and will, at some point - end up with you getting something totally different than meant to be...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: