View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I think that this issue deserves some visibility, so if you share this view, please vote here:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...sailfishos-20/
And, in what turns out to have been a self-destructive attempt to remove all my karma, I've gone ahead and taken the opposite point of view -- that Jolla should go ahead and start walking back from the concept of integrating widget functionality and app management into a single interface.

I don't personally use a lot of widgets on my N900 or my Android, but I do understand the value of having a small, highly-available interface to a frequently-used bit of functionality. I also highly appreciate the ability to see what apps are running in the background, and easily manage them. And yes, I do like keeping these two tasks separate; there are only a very few apps I want to control as widgets, so I see no need to try and give widget controls to every single app. Moreover, forcing those apps to constrain their interface to just two switches is quite limiting.

So yeah, I would like to see full widget functionality in Sailfish, and see no need to try and force that kind of functionality into the running apps screen. And yeah, that means you can go ahead and vote my answer down at that TJC question.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: