View Single Post
There is some issue with allowing (O)MP access to the streams. I have no idea how gstreamer works for starters, which is what I think both are using. Secondly, gst-ffmpeg is supposed to be built using the version of ffmpeg that ships within its source code. I did try sending it a config flag to use system version of ffmpeg but it bailed out almost immediately.

I have built ffmpeg 2.5.4 now, both thumb and non-thumb with asm optimisations enabled, although I didn't really see much difference in CorsixTH. CuteTube calls ffmpeg as an external process for the download as audio feature, which I've tested and it still works fine. get_iplayer uses it to handle conversions, which again is working fine.

I'll post an [Pre-Announce] thread in the week with links and examples for live streaming of radio and tv, the later still not perfect but better than it was.

The only issue I have is with the naming of the dev packages. I've currently gone for libavcodec56-dev, libpostproc53-dev etc based on shared lib name and set conflict to the name of the 0.5svn release in repo, libavcodec-dev, libpostproc-dev etc.. I've done this to avoid pushing the 0.5 version out of the repo should initial testing come back positive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: