View Single Post
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
From what I saw in the demo devices so far they might end up in the swipe down menu that shows all the ambiances. Left besides the ambiances you find different icons like silent and so on. They might of course be binded to the ambiance itself. But I could imagine the possibility to integrate quick toggles there.
I think those icons are there to show how the ambience is configured to work, but I doubt they are directly usable to activate or deactivate the feature. But you can select different ambiences with the needed features directly enabled.

They are an interesting mode to customize the phone. One of the ambiences in the nexus 5 demo has a bluetooth icon, one a silence mode, plus an "1H" badge on the right... which may mean you can "daisy chain" ambiences, or maybe make them active for a predefined time. If the notification screen can be changed depending on the active ambience as well, and the notification API becoms public, I think many applications will benefit from this.

I suppose shortcuts will be made available in the phone form factor as well, maybe it is not yet implemented.