View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
This was a tough topic. Albeit for a very different reason from most older topics. This one was difficult because I had too many candidates, not too few. For a long time I was considering submitting this picture from another thread. I was also considering a picture of my kids horse riding (as the topic did not specify whose hobby it should be about). Or a photo of my newly tiled bathroom. Or my garden. Or a screenshot of a Maemo app I am in the middle of developing.

Eventually I decided to go with this one as it characterises me the best. Both in its nature and in its state of (in)completeness.

It is a project I started some 3 or 4 years ago. Having a family and a job with a long commute, I find very little spare time to move it forward. I could not even find the time all weekend to take this picture, I had to take it to work and take this photo during my lunch break. But I hope to get there at some point. Maybe when the kids grow up and go to college

It is a 2-channel oscilloscope with an LED matrix display instead of a CRT. Built exclusively with old components I found in the drawers, desoldered from discarded old devices or purchased cheaply at various old-school radio or electronic fairs.

Taken today, 27 April, with my beloved N900.

Name:  20150427_001.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  69.1 KB

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-04-27 at 21:10. Reason: Spelling

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: