View Single Post
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
So a full neo900 with only VAT (that is calculated at a better rate than the one in my country) will be around 1340 EUR at which I should add the paypal conversion fee (if I pay by paypal) or Visa conversion fee (if I pay by credit card... don't really now which will be cheaper) and without any eventual additional cost.
I've been really thinking about this since my last post and the conclusion is that I need a Neo900. If I want to continue browsing the web, check my emails and use the GPS, I will have to buy a Neo900, as a "dumb" phone can't do that and all the alternatives on the market are Android, iOS, RimOS and Windows Phone and those aren't an option for me. Even SailfishOS doesn't fully correspond to what I would like.

So I guess I am back in, even if I will have to borrow some money from friends to get one. I will make my down payment in a week or so, hope it will not be too late.
@joerg_rw any deadline on this?

I only have one doubt... I am not a developer (I only know some really basic bash scripting to do what I need), I am just a Linux user that prefer to learn and use Linux systems and software rather than Windows, Mac or the equivalent on mobile. Knowing that there will be less than 500 Neo900s made and some of those will be bought by someone like me (without any developing knowledge) I am afraid that there will not be enought developpers to have a stable, easy to setup and to use system with software full of features and without (or at least as few as possible) bugs and vulnerabilities.

I am willing to read and learn more, but I think that the most essential functions of the phone (like calls, sms and maybe other things) should work out of the box without having the user configure something really complex. For the other thinks not as vital, I am willing to "get my hands dirty".

I hope that I will not be disappointed by the Neo900, be it hardware or software.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post: