Thread: Anki 2 on N900
View Single Post
alibaba2: What syntax error did you get? I would like to help you, but you need to provide us with more information. Did you try just running anki without installing pip? The only reason for installing pip is to install the Python SSL module, which is only necessary if you need to use Anki's syncing feature. Personally, I handle my syncing outside of anki using rsync.

rotoflex: I googled "anki-2.0.8.tgz" and found this. Anyway, you can easily apply darodi's patch to the latest version by hand. He has only changed a few lines.

I tried darodi's instructions some time ago, but wasn't experienced enough to get them working. I still don't understand why he didn't just package it up - I guess packaging can be kind of difficult - but I'm still grateful for his patch and instructions. I tried them again, and now I've got the latest version of anki running. I have come across some bugs though, and I'm trying to fix them one by one.

If anyone is still interested in this, just holler at me and I'll try to make a package.