Thread: Toshl
View Single Post
Referred to MeeGo users:

Who is using “Toshl” probably received an E-Mail from support regarding the planned 2.0 update an the possibility to sign up for IOS Beta and Web App Beta application.

Wondering what happens with the MeeGo app I questioned support if we will get the update, if 2.0 will be compatible and so on.

The answer was:
“Hi, we have stopped making updates for MeeGo long time ago, so the 2.0 will not be coming to MeeGo.
The current version should be able to sync once we release the 2.0 though. We will maintain compatibility with the older API, so it should work. I can't give any promises as we won't be testing with MeeGo specifically.
You will be able to use it together with the 2.0 web app. So the MeeGo app can add new entries, but without the new features (categories, locations...), you can add that extra data later on the web app.
I have to warn you that the MeeGo app sync will probably cease to work in about half a year, depending on when we switch to the new SSL certificate. We will need to upgrade to a newer, much more secure version of SSL, which MeeGo doesn't support by default. At that point the sync will most likely cease to work. We will send you a notice a bit before such changes take place. I'm sorry, but the tech progress marches onwards...“

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve understood, that in about six months the MeeGo app will be usable only to manage the expanses/incomes on the phone but it will not be possible to sync with Toshl. This is better than nothing, because I like this app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post: