View Single Post
hi guys

regarding android apps on sailfishos on the Nexus 5:
nh1402 has managed to start some of the android processes which are required for running android apps on his Nexus 5 while sailfishos is running.
Now we have worked on a solution to run surfaceflinger, the process which gives you android video output too. First we have succeeded in running surfaceflinger while lipstick is running, this meant surfaceflinger drew to the screen while lipstick was also drawing (which resulted in funny screen contents) this lead to the idea of pausing lipstick or surfaceflinger and thus we were able to switch between android and sailfishos without much delay, which is kind of a solution but not very convenient. In the last 3 days we managed to patch surfaceflinger such that it does not draw over lipstick and today we have been able to copy the graphic buffers composited by surfaceflinger into a shared memory location, this was very easy thanks to the work thp has done with his harmattandroid project. We are currently working on a renderer app which displays this buffer in a window in sailfishos (based on thp's work). Stay tuned! Unfortunately i don't have an android device which i can test on so i always have to send nh1402 my compiled files and need him to try, thing is nh1402 will be unavailable for some time beginning tomorrow. So if anyone with a little terminal experience wants to do the same with me as nh1402 did while he is unavailable, this would be greatly appreciated, otherwise you will have to wait a while to see the result :P.

this sounds way too gooey :/

TL;DR:
"we can (soon) start android apps in sailfishos" or rather "we can (soon) have a full android installation displayed inside a sailfishos window"

EDIT: instructions http://piratepad.net/FtZYtm4tDY

krnlyng/liar

Last edited by liar; 2015-12-08 at 17:06.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post: