View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Hmm. I kind of thought that Hybris was already following this concept, only at a lower level.

Well, it doesn't sound like this project is doing much better than Sailfish, though. This is from one of the latest blog entires (from back in February this year):

This one seems interesting... I may give it a try, once I acquire an Android device to hack on.
In regards to hybris I guess it is a question of where you want to start...

While significant progress was made over the years, developer interest has waned for Linux on Android app. Regardless you can access android apps while running a linux distribution. I actually have several images (ubuntu, fedora and archlinux) stored on my phone's microsd card that I fire up once in a while.
Here is an screenshot from my phone where I'm running ubuntu with LXDE. At the same time, I can open a floating window for the android dialpad from which I can make a call. Also you can connect, via micro usb to hdmi, to bigger screen so I can have a linux desktop when coupled to a bluetooth keyboard. But there are problems that need to be addressed. For example LXDE is not finger friendly (I use Mate DE for fedora and that is a little better). Drivers are missing so I can't, from the Ubuntu side of things, play music. Instead I would have to use an android app player .

The last option I mentioned is something I would like to take a closer look at as well. Just have to free up some time!
Attached Images

Last edited by mscion; 2015-12-10 at 18:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: