View Single Post
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
I do not get this fetish about thin phones. There is a point where going slimmer does not get users any advantage, and it has quite a few disadvantages:
* less volume for the battery, you will need to keep recharging the phone every day
* less space for optics in the camera, pictures will look worse than they could
* the phone assembly will be less rigid, welcome bent devices and cracked screens

Everybody I know who bought these thin large phones, ended up putting them in silicone sleeves or cases, anyway...
It' about personal preference and how you carry your device. I usually carry it in my pocket without protective covers or anything that makes it bulkier and it's much more comfortable and easy if it's thinner. If it has huge screen, it's annoying to use with one hand and not that practical in car either. If it has both huge screen and considerable thickness, it's not practical any more for me.

You are right that squeezing everything in smaller and thinner frame is harder, but it can be done and end result is really good if done correctly - don't you find it amusing that iPhone 6S has smaller battery than most of it's android rivals, but still it outperforms them in both battery life AND raw performance? Not to mention camera performance which is also good despite the thin design. Of course, it's harder to do if you try to sell cheap and still make a margin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post: