View Single Post
Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
IIRC Pebbled currently uses some ".summary" name/hint to get the notification, but that indeed just contains the "N new emails" text. But the other notifications contain both the sender and subject of the individual emails as shown on the events screen. But those notifications use a different name/hint, which you can easily get by running "dbus-monitor" when receiving the mails and reading the output.
I looked into these a couple of months ago, and there are actually three notifications for some things, including a separate distinct group one that supplies an integer unread message count. I've noticed that I'm not getting the '2 new messages' notification through to the watch at all now, since I started dropping the transient and hidden notifications, and prioritizing the Notify arguments over the hints for the content. It's quite a clean solution.

Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
For email, SMS and missed calls notifications I create both a pin on the timeline and a notification. This using the timeline spec. So I'm able to fully parse any JSON pin that the Android and iOS apps support and which can be used by other services to push pins to the Pebble. This is possible because Pebble actually publishes the description of the layout (all fields, which attribute id they have, and of which type they are) as part of the firmware update endpoint. And this also allows me to for example conditionally add the "createNotification" field to a pin based on whether the email already has been marked as read or not (when it has been read on another device).
But as far as I've seen the implementation in RockWatch is hardcoded to those supported by it (notifications of a specific type or calendar events). So it doesn't allow the fully dynamic usage of the timeline pins.
I've proposed this to the rockwork guys, as I believe it'll be the cleaner solution in the long run. Katherine recommends using looking up the icon names in the firmware's layout.json.auto file, and using that as a guide to structure, which I'm assuming is the same thing.

Right now I'm trying to get the calendar access working. I've mimicked the mapplauncher entry from saltoq, but I'm still getting errors opening the mkcal db. Was that all I have to do? I saw some people were setting the uid and gid of the process, but that seems a bit strange.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post: