View Single Post
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
AFAIK Jolla is using the same pattern as Nokia did back in the days. I remember that on the N900 and N9 most of the App settings were in the central settings app (at least the Nokia core apps) - correct me I'm wrong.

I really liked it, just because I *knew* where I could find a specific setting without searching them in the app in some sub-sub-sub menu.

IMHO in the end the only thing that matters, is *consistently*. If every app has their settings in the central settings app, why should I care? I know where to find them even without searching.

The main problem here is Jolla: They are so busy trying to "secure" their system and have non-breakable **** that nobody can really publish a "professional" app in harbour.
We don't have services/daemons, we can't really integrate into the system (accounts, custom notification categories, *settings*, etc.), we can't link against "unstable" libs... Srsly... why do they even care?

If I write an app and an update breaks it... Well, I have to put my fingers on it and fix it.

I had an app in the OVI store which executed a pre-uninst script that deleted app-made desktop entries. How can I do this on Jolla? I can't, just because the ****ing script is executed with privileged rights...

Sorry for this rant and off-topic ****, but I had to say it... I don't know where this should lead... Sometimes I think Jolla is more restrictive than Google or even Apple, while they have just a fraction of users.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post: