View Single Post
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
The main problem here is Jolla: They are so busy trying to "secure" their system and have non-breakable **** that nobody can really publish a "professional" app in harbour.
We don't have services/daemons, we can't really integrate into the system (accounts, custom notification categories, *settings*, etc.), we can't link against "unstable" libs... Srsly... why do they even care?

If I write an app and an update breaks it... Well, I have to put my fingers on it and fix it.

I had an app in the OVI store which executed a pre-uninst script that deleted app-made desktop entries. How can I do this on Jolla? I can't, just because the ****ing script is executed with privileged rights...

Sorry for this rant and off-topic ****, but I had to say it... I don't know where this should lead... Sometimes I think Jolla is more restrictive than Google or even Apple, while they have just a fraction of users.
Completely agreed. I'm all for enhanced security, but some (most, all?) of their restrictions are bonkers and based on ludicrous imaginary situations. Shouldn't Harbour be there precisely to prevent malicious applications from entering a user's device, rather than prevent nearly every application from doing so just because they require privileged access to this or that and these privileges might be abused in case the application should turn out to be malicious?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post: