View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Exactly, @kinggo. Plus, who is to decide which options you "setup once"?
Three examples from Sailfish of settings I use all the time:
  1. Picture size in Camera. I change that based on what the picture is for.
  2. Delivery reports in Messages. My provider charges me 2p per SMS where all others charge 10 or 12p, but at the price of charging extra for delivery reports. So I enable them only when needed.
  3. Clear browser history. Need I say more?
In all these cases, a direct access to those settings straight from the relevant application would make much more sense.
To you, yes. But: I don't know anyone who ever lowers the default resolution of their camera, you can achieve better results by shooting with the default resolution and editing afterwards as necessary. If storage is an issue, pictures on the Jolla phone only take up about half a MB each at the highest resolution anyway, and I assume phones with very high res, high quality cameras will have storage plenty - and if they don't, it isn't up to the operating system to clean up the mess. Charging for delivery reports is insane, nobody else has this problem.
Clearing history I can see, but you can also either use private mode or set your browser to automatically clear history on exit.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post: