View Single Post
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Some time, indeed. Granted, this is an exceptionally long text file, but I have to admit I killed the process after about 10 minutes. I didn't really need to edit it after all, just wanted to see what would happen with such a huge input.
Oh okay, that is quite long. I didn't expect it to take so long..

[But the OS does get kind of impatient, doesn't it? And it keeps trying to convince me to stop the app every few seconds. Many, many, years (decades?) ago, when I still toiled on MS Windows GUI software, it was always a struggle to break down tightly looping operations enough to sneak a call to "ProcessMessages" from the OS just to keep Windows from trying to seduce the user into killing our application. It was still working, but if it didn't check in with the GUI every so often to see if it needed to move the window around the screen or get hidden by something else, etc., it got put on the hit list. Our motto was: "if it looks crashed, it is", because the user would probably kill it at that point.]
Yes, there is place to improve. Opening the file takes really long time and makes it look like crashed.. Thanks for the feedback!

Anyway. I'll let you know what happens on OnePlus X "soon". JK, I'll actually report on this in a day or two

And thanks again for this useful program!

ed:
Tried it on the "new" OnePlus X, and haven't found any glitches, bugs, etc. yet.
Oooh awesome! So far only Moto G has had problems, thank you for testing!

Originally Posted by velox View Post
I've tried it on the tablet. Looks really nice as well, but it has one down side: That many pixels really make me wish for fancy stuff like editing two files next to each other.
...You kinda guessed coming tablet UI improvements..( Don't tell anyone )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post: