View Single Post
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Paris / France
@Feathers thanks, device is on its way

@mariusmssj look in <language>-user.txt file in ~/.local/share/okboard. If it contains your word, record a few tries to swipe this word. Otherwise, record what happens when you "hunt & peck" your word and wait ~1 minute.
To record something just enable & clear logs from the settings app, use the keyboard, and send me the logs (*.log files from the same directory)

@juiceme some features do not scale linearly with screen size so I need at least two references so I can extrapolate between then. For instance:
  • Error rate increase is smaller than screen size increase (that is why there is no smartwatch version planned)
  • If you hold the phone and swipe with the same hand on a 4.5" display, you will reach some "thumb stretching limit"
    Let's say you are using your left hand. Most people can stretch their thumb to the farthest letter (which is "P" on a QWERTY keyboard), but they will miss the key with a large margin if they try to swipe a word containing "P" and try to do it rapidly. I expect this issue to be more significant on a larger screen.
    BTW Microsoft has found a neat solution for this issue.
If it works on a 4.95" screen, I'm sure it will be allright on a 5" one

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eber42 For This Useful Post: