View Single Post
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by iangoh View Post
Hi All,

[T]he ereader.com eReader for Palm OS v2.6 seems to work fine with the Garnet VM on my N770. ... Though I wish the screen would scale to fit the N770's screen a bit more. This would make the fonts easier to read.
How can you use that tiny spot of the screen to read books!?! I loaded Garnet VM just so I could put Adobe Reader for Palm OS on my N800. But now that I see the tiny piece of real estate that Garnet uses, I don't see the point of trying to take this further.

Has anyone figured out how to get more screen into the emulation? I actually *prefer* reading in FBReader to reading a bound book, but with the tiny portion of the screen that Garnet uses, Adobe Reader just ain't going to cut it.

I get my books primarily from the library, and now many are available electronically -- but only with Digital Rights Management bullsh** from Overdrive (in cahoots with Microsoft) and Adobe. I've spent all day trying to find a way that I can circumvent the damn DRM, just so I can use the library resource like any Windows Mobile client of the library, or any Adobe Reader-using client, but I can't find a way to do it. So then I thought, OK, I'll use the Palm OS Adobe Reader under Garnet emulation.

It looks to me like I'm SOL (that is, "out of luck") until my library carries DRM-constrained editions in FB2 (and I don't see that happening!) or Adobe makes a DRM-capable Reader for the N-Series.

I'm just venting, having spent all day on this, fruitlessly, ...

... but if anybody has any good ideas ... ??