View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
And it is so much more desktop feeling on the road than any mobile!

Just imagine typing an answer here in browser and use ctrl-c, ctrl-v even from just received mail.
Or if you made typos or big mistake (accidentally deleted whole written stuff) just use ctrl-z ...
This makes me remember the days of 2010 and it was a long way down from there.

2010-2011 N900

1) all over sudden we had a real desktop in the pocket
2) you were not supposed to be answering all the time, even being present on Skype to most colleagues simply meant that you were stuck to a desktop office PC somewhere (like them)

The struggle of copy-paste, typing control has never been compensated by the speed increase on modern phones IMO but some other people may have adjusted their behavior as we now increasingly see a "never used /needed a desktop generation" running the world.

N900 + Maemo is still the prime example of the best mobile user interface ever.

Confidently HWKB ctrl+c knowing the computer will register this key command beats forced real time touch screen text select and right click any day. No matter how fast the processor making the daily struggle smoother if you want desktop like performance in typing and command input workflow.

And only to remember this point , If I had no N900 today in 2018 I would surely buy one if I could still afford the rising second hand or NOS price.

Not that the Nokia N900 deservese only praise for its many features such as a built in kick stand, It is regretful that while Nokia knew that 1GB was the minimal RAM memory amount for this device yet decided to prevent it becoming the one to rule them all for a long time by putting 256MB and promote 1GB (256MB + Swap) in marketing terms only.

Now listening internet radio stream by the N900 through the FM of a 1970 receiver.
The so called useless features like FM radio broadcast feature nobody needed , remember, just like we did not need IR for our universal remote.
DAB+ is already dead in the water thanks to the N900.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: