View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
For those who wonder about the CPU: We can't be sure it will be the same ARM core as the one used on devboard eg: iMX8M.

More realistic seems to be a iMX8M-Mini cause of the problems with iMX8M is eating to much power.
That would be quite a bummer, since the Mini doesn't seem to have HDMI. [1]
What's Purisms take on that?

No someone will say there is a open competitor: Necuno mobile LOL. Open?? Nope something is really smoking ******** with their site and marketing.
Can you elaborate please?
I don't feel well informed about the Necuno at the moment, but that might be just my fault because without a GSM modem that device is of little interest to me.

AFAIK librem5 is the most open hardware as far as I know. Not even rapberrypi can compare.
What do you think of the Dragonbox Pyra in comparison to the Librem 5?
I know their concepts aren't totally comparable, but besides that, is there a reason you didn't mention it?

btw:
Do you know what happened to the Librem 11 detachable? It's been announced for how long now? 2 years?
What happened to it that resulted in it neither seeming to make any progress nor being cancelled?
I'd be fine with either of those options as long as there's info on that, but by now frankly I'd expect that info to be placed prominently on the product's page.

[1] https://www.nxp.com/products/process...rs:IMX8-SERIES

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: