View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Hi Dennis,

As sulu mentioned, I worked on a similar project. Instead of providing an installable image, I wrote a couple of scripts to facilitate building your own kernel and Debian distribution with various tweaks. I haven't used it for some time and it's unmaintained, it should mostly work but it's possible some dependencies have changed and that may mean that some stuff is broken. If you're still interested, you can find it here:

https://github.com/dderby/debian900/

There is a also a link to the related thread with more information in my signature.

Having said that, I recommend you check out Maemo Leste, which is the main reason I orphaned my project. Its basically modern Debian/Devuan with mainline Linux (currently 4.15.7 with patches for PowerVR) and Hildon. It's still in pre-alpha but it's actively developed and the first alpha release is expected in the next few weeks. The only "gotcha" is that if you want to run Xfce or something other than Hildon, you can't, at least not out-of-the-box. I have managed to run other desktop environments/window managers with a few hacks but this process could be made easier. I was looking at this months ago but then lack free time meant it never got done. Hopefully I'll be able to submit some patches for this in the near future.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2019-02-21 at 03:50.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: