View Single Post
Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
in what universe is 15.5 cm wide 'as compact as possible'?

is what you write in the very next sentence, how is that 'as compact as possible'?

seriously, who here wanted a qwerty slider phablet more than a qwerty slider phone?
Keyword: tried
I'll leave it up to the masses on judging if they were successful. Also not sure where you're getting 15.5cm from... Dimensions: 154 x 73.6 x 13.98 mm
If you really think about it, this phone is just a few mm bigger than typical 6 inch screen phones, plus the girth of the keyboard. But there's no getting around how big 6 inch screens are. Even if it's an 18:9 ratio
Chen posted a while back that 6 inch screen was the most cost effective choice, and I believe him on that, but I wish they went a little smaller. Given that this phone has a keyboard, I think they should've downsized the screen to make it more pocket friendly. Like 5.7 or 5.8 inch screen. Still an impressive screen size, but the device would be significantly smaller. I think this device will be unwieldy for a decent amount of people. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's hard to digest those numbers. To compare, I had to find one of the largest and heaviest phones on the market (Kyocera duraforce Pro 2) to compare this thing to, size wise.
Even my original Pixel feels a hair too big for my taste, and it's a good 10mm shorter, 4mm narrower, and nearly 5mm less thick than the pro1
Staying hopeful...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post: